Software Design Engineer 3Location: Remote
Posted On: 02/02/2024
Requirement Code: 66901
Develop software programs of a complex nature, including operating systems, applications and/or network products. Develop project plans, functional specifications and schedules for these products. Design and perform analysis on complex programs and systems. Assist in DevOps and livesite tasks such as deployments and improving automated systems.
- Design, implement, and validate features in the Healthcare APIs services.
- Test features, find and fix bugs
- Monitor releases and fix CI/CD pipelines, make improvements in the engineering system.
- Preferred: DevOps or Site Reliability Engineering experience The main function of a Software Engineer is to design, develop, implement, test, and maintain business and computer applications software or specialized utility programs including mainframe and client/server applications, and major enhancement of existing systems
- Develops, code, scripts, systems, and/or tools that reduce operational burden by automating complex and repetitive tasks, enables product engineering teams to increase the velocity at which they can safely deploy changes to production, and monitors the effects of changes across systems, services, and/or products.
- Analyzes telemetry data to identify patterns and trends that drive continuous improvement, and highlights opportunities to deploy automation to monitor and manage services and/or products.
- Where possible, help resolve live-site incidents, minimize customer impact, and document solutions and insights that inform ongoing improvements to infrastructure, code, tools, and/or processes that prevent the recurrence of similar issues.
- Fine-tune and improve a variety of sophisticated software implementation projects
- Gather and analyze system requirements, document specifications, and develop software solutions to meet client needs and data
- Analyze and review enhancement requests and specifications
- Implement system software and customize to client requirements
- Prepare the detailed software specifications and test plans
- Code new programs to client's specifications and create test data for testing
- Modify existing programs to new standards and conduct unit testing of developed programs
- Create migration packages for system testing, user testing, and implementation
- Provide quality assurance reviews
- Perform post-implementation validation of software and resolve any bugs found during testing
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field preferred
- 5-7 years experience required
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- large systems software design and development experience,
- Experience performing in-depth troubleshooting and unit testing with both new and legacy production systems
- experience in programming and experience with problem diagnosis and resolution
- Keywords (nice to have): Cloud, Microservice Development, FHIR, Scrum, AKS, Service Fabric.
.NET 5~~@~~, experience with SCRUM team is nice, Web API and API development, Service Fabric or AKS experience nice, cloud and Microsoft development.
Typical Day in the Role
Purpose of the Team - Software development within Healthcare API in Azure.
Key projects - see job responsibilities section listed below, more ad hoc based support throughout the role Typical task breakdown and operating rhythm - 10-15% meetings, 75-80% focus time
Years of Experience Required - 5-7 years of experience Degrees or certifications required - Preferred, not required Disqualifiers - No azure/Microsoft technology experience, no cloud experience, or lacking in required skillsets Best vs. Average - Up to date on their technology skills and tooling, a desire to learn and grow, integration with an agile team, familiar with agile methodology and workflows. Preference for those who enjoy remote work, ability to work independently, proactive and inquisitive Performance Indicators - Deadlines, Quality of Work
Top 3 Hard Skills Required Years of Experience 1. C# / .NET | Required 3 Years of Experience 2. AKS or Service Fabric | Any Years of Experience 3. DevOps/Livesite | Any years of Experience
Compensation: 38-43.23 Hourly W2 (Open to C2C)