Senior Systems Analyst / Japanese-English Verbal and WrittenLocation: Frisco, TX
Posted On: 08/09/2023
Requirement Code: 64918
Senior Systems Analyst / Japanese-English Verbal and Written
The Senior Systems Analyst is responsible for analyzing, designing, developing, and documenting computer information systems. This position serves as a liaison between customers in Japan and a development team in the U.S. and required bilingual (Japanese and English) skills in speaking, reading, and writing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Examine and evaluate current systems.
- Design solutions for maintenance enhancements.
- Research issues reported by customers and provide resolutions.
- Liaise with users to track additional requirements and features.
- Facilitate requirements elicitation sessions and walkthroughs with business and IT resources for maintenance enhancements.
- Validate changes by testing programs.
- Perform current state analysis of existing business systems, applications, and functions.
- Become knowledgeable about core business functions, processes and workflows associated with assigned business areas and projects.
- Demonstrate the ability to liaise between business and technical departments.
- Demonstrate the ability to liaise between Japanese customers in Japan and Development team in US.
- Perform Ad-Hoc reporting and report support as necessary in Japanese.
- Identifies opportunities for improving business processes through information systems and/or non-system driver changes.
- Consolidates information into cohesive and understandable correspondence or other written form for use in management decision-making.
- Participates in user acceptance testing and testing of new system functionality.
- On call for level one production issues.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Documentation skills in Japanese including non-functional requirements, functional requirements, business rules, business processes, basic design, functional design, and technical design are required.
- Expert knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and/or Product Development Lifecycle (PDLC).
- Experience in Agile/Waterfall methodologies and web product design.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in both of Japanese and English.
- Experience or background in business analysis, requirements definition, building systems solutions, and deployment of business requirements.
- Expert SQL experience, general programming, general AWS knowledge.
- Experience in Web application development using modern frameworks (ex: Drupal, React).
- Strong knowledge of Visio, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, often changing, and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Detail-oriented and Customer service focused.
- Good organizational skills; able to assemble and present information clearly for Development team.
- Balance multiple priorities successfully.
- Troubleshooting ability.
- Be able to participate in a customer meeting if it is required at evening times.
- Organization skills and communication expertise, complemented by a technological background, is preferred.
- Experience with task management systems (ex: JIRA).
Requirements and Education:
* 7 years of experience implementing technical solutions.
- 7 years enterprise level software development experience.
- 5-7 years design writing experience.
- 1-2 years software implementation and support experience.
- 1-2 years of experience with various software development methodologies.
- BA/BS in analytics, informatics, computer science, or business and/or equivalent experience preferred.
Expected Hours of Work:
Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday 9:00am-6:00 with occasional evening and weekend work requirements.