Events SpecialistLocation: Palo Alto (Hybrid), CA
Posted On: 05/23/2023
Requirement Code: 63891
Educational Programs and Services (EPS) is home to departments and programs that are central to the educational mission of the Stanford University School of Medicine. We serve all populations of students and trainees who participate in the School's programs: Stanford MD, MS, MSPA, and Ph.D. students; visiting MD students seeking clinical clerkships; postdoctoral scholars and medical fellows; and medical practitioners seeking further professional enrichment. Our goal is to provide a Stanford School of Medicine experience worthy of our students' and trainees' talents, aspirations, and dedication.
The Stanford Center for Continuing Medical Education (SCCME) is a global leader in the promotion of lifelong learning among professionals in healthcare. As such, we advance patient and population health and promote innovation by planning and implementing accredited continuing education activities to enhance the professional development of healthcare teams both locally and regionally, in the San Francisco Bay area, and in the greater Pacific Region, as well as nationally and globally.
If you are an organized and detail-oriented professional with a passion for education and event management, we invite you to apply for the position of Education Events Specialist. Join our dynamic team and contribute to the advancement of educational events that inspire and empower healthcare professionals.
As an Education Events Specialist, you will be vital in planning, coordinating, and executing various medical education events and programs. Your primary responsibility will be to create engaging and informative experiences for healthcare professionals. You will collaborate with world-class clinicians to develop event strategies, manage logistics, and ensure the smooth execution of events. The ideal candidate should possess excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and a passion for education.
Typical education programs in a year include:
??? two, 2-4-hour webinars each month
??? two, 1-2 day in-person conferences/symposia each month, and:
??? a few 90-minute webinars each year
This position requires a hybrid work arrangement with a regular in-person presence at our Page Mill office and on Stanford Campus. A typical schedule would be:
??? Once weekly in our Palo Alto office
??? As needed, an in-person presence is required to prepare and staff events across the Stanford Campus, local hotels, or destination locations.
Candidates for this position must commute from within the Stanford Work Location Region: Santa Clara, San Mateo, San Francisco, Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, Sonoma, Solano, and Santa Cruz.
1. Event Planning: Collaborate with the team to conceptualize, plan, and organize educational events such as conferences, workshops, seminars, webinars, and training programs.
2. Content Development: Work closely with subject matter experts and educators to develop relevant and impactful event content, including presentations, learning materials, and handouts.
3. Logistics Management: Coordinate all logistical aspects of events, including venue selection, vendor management, catering, audio-visual setup, registration, and participant communications.
4. Budgeting and Financial Management: Develop and manage event budgets, track expenses, and ensure cost-effective solutions while maintaining quality standards.
5. Marketing and Promotion: Collaborate with the marketing team to develop event marketing strategies, create promotional materials, and manage online registrations and ticketing platforms.
6. Participant Engagement: Implement strategies to maximize participant engagement, including networking opportunities, interactive sessions, and post-event follow-ups.
7. Stakeholder Management: Establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, such as course Directors, planners, faculty, speakers, sponsors, and partners, to ensure their involvement and support in events.
8. Evaluation and Reporting: Collect participant feedback, analyze event success metrics, and prepare comprehensive reports to assess the impact and effectiveness of educational events.
Education & Experience (Required):
Bachelor's degree and three years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Required):
??? Demonstrated success managing event teams and planning, developing budgets, and meeting budget goals.
??? Excellent project management skills, and the ability to manage complex timelines and multiple projects.
??? Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
??? Excellent interpersonal, communication, time management, and customer service skills. Must be well organized and detailed oriented.
??? Exceptional customer service skills with the ability to cultivate partnerships.
??? Demonstrated high level of confidence in making strategic decisions, good judgment, and innovative and creative problem-solving skills.
??? Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, File Maker Pro and knowledge of cloud applications such as Google Docs and Forms.
??? Ability to interact and successfully collaborate with a broad spectrum of contributing groups and customers.
Certifications and Licenses (Required):
??? Valid Non-Commercial Class California Driver's License.
??? Coordination and planning of professional conferences/events experience.
??? Certification in meeting planning.
??? Knowledge of ACCME and AMA accreditation requirements.
??? Preferred customer relationship management (CMS)or learning management systems (LMS) knowledge.
Compensation: 30-34.66 Hourly