ArchitectLocation: Tullahoma, TN
Posted On: 05/16/2023
Requirement Code: 63836
We are looking for an Architect who is interested in working on a multi-disciplinary team responsible for designing a new hypersonic test facility, which will play a key role in hypersonic system development for the United States Department of Defense, at Arnold Air Force Base, TN. The Architect hired into this role will coordinate across multiple departments on the project, from concept to commissioning, for this new facility.
The Architect will provide architectural design and coordination for building renovations and upgrades, including layouts and architectural finishes. Receives instructions on assignment objectives which may include straightforward to complex features and offers possible solutions. Architects work closely with design engineers in development of architectural and design requirements and ensuring proposed designs meet those requirements. Close coordination with the project team is required to ensure economic designs.
Some specific tasks associated with this type of work include (this is not an exhaustive list):
- Plans architectural layout, prepares detailed architectural design and layout drawings for small structures and portions of buildings.
- Prepares specifications, estimates, and scope of work documents for design/build subcontract work.
- Performs design reviews of documents produced by design/build subcontractors.
- Provides support for design/build subcontracted work including quantity take offs, estimates, requests for information, submittal reviews, inspections, and change orders.
- Prepares building material interface details
- Prepares architectural designs and construction drawings using 2-D / 3-D computer aided design (CAD), presentation graphics and architectural models.
- May provide technical direction as appropriate to drafters, technicians and others who assist in specific assignments
- Coordinates work and collaborates with other engineering disciplines during planning, design, and execution phases of projects.
- Contacts supplier representatives, project field personnel and engineering discipline groups when directed, to either gather or provide information
- Participates in studies that require knowledge of principles and techniques commonly employed in architectural work.
- Assists in on the job training and development of people assigned.
- Participates in and fosters a work environment that is based upon openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
- It is a condition of employment to wear company issued PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy.
- Performs other related duties as required
- Bachelor's degree in architecture from an accredited college or university and a minimum of 5 - 7 years of relevant experience or any equivalent combination of relevant education and progressive and relevant work experience.
- Current US Citizenship required
- Technical knowledge of architectural concepts, basic engineering interrelationships, applications of construction methods and materials.
- Technical knowledge of the application of computer aided engineering (CAE)/computer aided design (2-D and 3-D CAD) tools to architectural problems.
- Good knowledge of major industry or regulatory standards and design criteria pertinent to the architectural discipline.
- Basic skill in oral and written communication
- A degree in architecture from an accredited college or university
- A license to practice architecture from a recognized licensing board
- Experience reviewing subcontractor submittals for compliance with design requirements.
- Holds an active security clearance or has held a prior security clearance
This opportunity is being offered by National Aerospace Solutions, the team selected by the U.S. Air Force to conduct Test and Operations Sustainment at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC), Arnold Air Force Base, Tennessee. AEDC operates more than 55 aerodynamic and propulsion wind tunnels, rocket and turbine engine test cells, space environmental chambers, arc heaters, ballistic ranges and other specialized units located in six states. Many of the complex's test units have capabilities unmatched elsewhere in the United States; some are unique in the world. AEDC is one of three installations which are part of the Air Force Test Center (AFTC), one of six subordinate commands of the Air Force Materiel Command organization and an important national resource.
AEDC's mission is to conduct developmental test and evaluation for the Nation through modeling, simulation, ground and flight test. Execution of the mission requires a large team of highly qualified and dedicated professionals from multiple technical disciplines to effectively accomplish the objectives of our test customers.
Compensation: DOE: $60-$67/hr