PIPELINE DIRECT HIRE: Senior Quality Engineer, NDT Level III (RT/UT) / Canoga Park (21116)Location: Canoga Park, CA
Posted On: 04/26/2023
Requirement Code: 63639
We are seeking a Non-Destructive Test Level III Quality Engineer (Ultrasonic & Radiography preferred) to join our team in Canoga Park, California (Los Angeles area). Generous relocation benefits and/or hiring incentive may be available.
Job responsibilities include providing effective and efficient NDT Quality support to our company and occasionally serve as an NDT quality interface with suppliers' quality management.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide training and testing to LI and LII.
- Develop, review and approve NDT techniques with LII personnel.
- Write, review and approve specifications pertinent to NDT. - Support review boards for inspectability of product.
- Prepare NDT for customer and internal audits. - Develop and Lead Corrective action reviews on audit/NCR findings.
- Maintain own LIII certifications. - Participate in the direction of the NDT department. - Audit and surveillance of quality systems and processes.
- Any other duties deemed appropriate by management. Successful candidates will have a track-record of proactivity and a demonstrated history of successfully working under minimal supervision.
What we can offer you:
- Inspiring Company Culture
- Our people support each other and work together to leave an indelible impact on our nation's aerospace and defense legacy.
- Work/Life Balance
- 3 weeks of vacation to start plus additional sick allowance. 9/80 schedule providing for longer weekends. Annual 1 week year-end company shut down.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Accounts, and Wellness programs.
- Prepare for the Future
- 401(k) with company match, Employee Stock Ownership program
- Professional Development
- Tuition assistance program, Employee recognition program, and Leadership development program. This posting may represent one or more specific immediate or near-term openings.
Skills and Responsibilities:
Requires a Bachelor's degree in an engineering or science discipline and at least five (5) years of related experience in Quality/Manufacturing/NDT processes in Ultrasonic & Radiography (or an equivalent combination of education and experience). 10 years of related experience preferred.
Additional Requirements and Preferred Qualifications:
- Must have experience in at least two of the following NDT methods: Radiography (RT), Ultrasonic Testing (UT), Fluid Penetrant Inspection (FPI), Eddy Current (ET), or Magnetic Particle (MT).
- Certifications: The ideal candidate would have multiple Level 3 certifications; RT, UT and FPI preferred. At least one Level 2 certification is required.
- Candidate must meet requirements of NAS-410. Knowledge of industry NDT standards (ex. ASTM 1742, ASTM 1417, ASTM 1444, AMS-STD-2154, etc...) is requisite.
- Hands-on working experience in a manufacturing environment and a corresponding understanding of manufacturing processes is essential.
- Experience with auditing practices and Process Certification is desired.
- A demonstrated proficiency with a variety of NDT inspection techniques and equipment along with a working knowledge of blueprint reading and interpretation is required.
- Must have demonstrated excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to work well in a team environment.
- Must possess strong computer skills and be well-organized.
- Position requires responding to customer needs and may include weekend work.
- Auditing experience/certification desired.
Compensation: DOE: $90K-$93K/Salary