Software Development EngineerLocation: Bellevue, WA
Posted On: 02/08/2023
Requirement Code: 62651
Key job responsibilities:
- Work with our peer team members to design suitable software systems, tools, and interfaces to fulfill stated requirements.
- Collaborate with team members to form a strong foundation and best practices for software development,
- Help build Operational Excellence with focus on monitoring of managed resources & infrastructure - build mechanisms for gathering metrics, troubleshooting/debugging, tracking, and resolving technical challenges.
- Help build automation and self-serve tools to streamline operations, updating/enhancing our current software tools, automation of support processes and documentation of our systems.
- Help build tools to support high performance infrastructure used in labs and manufacturing environment.
- The ideal candidate must be detail oriented, have superior verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational skills, able to work independently and maintain professionalism under pressure.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- 5 years of non-internship professional software development experience with delivering software in a production environment.
- Experience in developing distributed software systems in C/C , Python or Java on Linux or Windows.
- 2-3 years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability, and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Experience with building large-scale, high-performance systems in a complex, multi-tiered, distributed environment.
- Experience working with AWS or Azure services.
- Other desired technical skills include Perl, SQL, HTML, UNIX/LINUX.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related technical discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with Identity and Access Management - Active Directory (AD)
- Experience in developing for cloud-native environments (AWS or Azure)
- Experience communicating with users, software development engineering teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features and technical designs.