Sharepoint AdministratorLocation: Garland, TX
Posted On: 05/31/2019
Requirement Code: 32762
Responsible for configuring and maintaining the City of Garland's existing Microsoft SharePoint 2013 system. Supports system operations and services. Creates and manages sites. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems. Trains and support business users. Researches and resolved access issues. Plans, directs and executes system upgrades and design changes. Leads the internal users' group.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Design and develop custom workflow and forms solutions using SharePoint, Nintex, Adobe, PowerApps, PowerBI, and Flow.
2. Perform all routine administrative tasks, maintenance and updates.
3. Install system updates and security patches.
4. Mentor SharePoint Users.
5. Assist in training SharePoint users and a€?power usersa€? in City departments.
6. Create well-designed, high-quality, reusable solutions to meet business needs and requirements.
7. Perform QA testing of solution to ensure desired and expected operation; monitor and analyze solution performance.
8. Communicate and enforce best practice standards.
9. Communicate complex information effectively to team and business leaders.
10. Maintain current knowledge of SharePoint capabilities and product roadmap.
11. Participate in meetings with IT Business Relationship Managers and City department leadership to discuss business needs, document requirements and develop solutions.
Education & Experience
v Appropriate certification(s) or training in Microsoft SharePoint
v 3 years related experience
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
Education & Experience:
v Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related area of study
v 5 or more years' experience in SharePoint administrative/development roles
v Demonstrated experience with multiple SharePoint on-premise versions (2010 and later)
v Demonstrated experience migrating on-premise SharePoint to SharePoint Online
v Experience using Microsoft PowerApps, PowerBI and Flow
v Experience with web Content Management Systems
v Microsoft or other professional certification(s) relevant to the position (i.e. Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD) or Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)) desired
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
v Excellent customer service skills
v Knowledge of security standards and techniques for SharePoint
v Understanding of basic project management methodologies
v Knowledge of Nintex Platform and SharePoint Designer
v Extensive knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint 2013
v Wide-ranging knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
v Proficiency to research and document workflow
v Skill in communication both verbally and in writing
v Skill in interpreting technical diagrams and procedures
v Proven ability to research issues and develop solutions
v Ability to prioritize tasks and meet customer service deadline