BI ETL and Report DeveloperLocation: Addison, TX
Posted On: 11/19/2021
Requirement Code: 52570
- Participate in relevant information-sharing activities.
- Monitor and report on any security violations related to the unwarranted access to corporate data.
- Ensure that all problems are resolved in a timely and efficient manner.
- Help build team spirit by assisting other staff members and promoting a positive workplace.
- Maintain awareness of the rapidly changing environment and recommend cost efficient techniques.
- Ensure all changes comply with change management policies and procedures.
- Complete any activities, tasks, and projects assigned.
- Responsible for reporting to and completing work at assigned times.
- Provide technical mentoring to the more junior developers.
- Ability to rapidly learn new software development technologies and environments.
- Lead the design and development of database schemas.
- Responsible for developing software tasks in accordance with Information System standards and methodologies.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the function of the job.
- The Engineers are responsible for any Help Desk tickets relating to Development issues.
- Develop reports, upon request, utilizing various report-writing tools in all applications.
- Ensure management awareness of problems that are severe in nature or that are exceeding documented targets.
- Review outstanding issues on a daily basis to assure that troubleshooting and resolutions are current.
- Lead the development of medium-size software applications with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or equivalent is required.
- 5-7 yrs. software development experience.
- 5 yrs. MS SQL Server Stack experience (SSIS, SQL, SSRS, SSAS) PARTICURLARY SSIS
- 5+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 3+ years of relational database experience
- 3+ years of technical documentation and publication experience
- 3+ years Strong SQL development and performance tuning skills
- Collaborate with other team members in creating optimal, maintainable, and scalable MicroStrategy reporting solutions
- Contribute to the database design collaborating with Data Analysts and Data Modelers
- Perform analysis & development to create MicroStrategy schema objects, reports & dashboards
- Provide support for all phases of testing such as integration and user acceptance
- Generate appropriate unit test plans and assure quality of work
- Produce technical design documentation
- Follow enterprise standards and guidelines during all phases of development lifecycle
- Proactive in identifying issues and opportunities that will have an impact on the business use of reports
- Serve as escalation point for application support and troubleshooting
- Provide guidance and direction to less experienced staff in resolution of issues & problems
- Requires superior teamwork skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills are essential.
- Must possess a personal sense of urgency.
- Ability to effectively multi-task and adapt to changing business priorities.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills are required.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Large scale multi-site IS operations experience.
- PC Hardware and peripheral experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft or Java productivity applications.
- Knowledge of browser-based technology.
- Understanding of operating systems such as Windows and OS X/iOS.
- Perform in-depth data analysis activities and come up with low-level & high level design strategies.
- Develop SQL scripts for various reporting and ad-hoc analysis.
- Collaborate with Data architects and other team members in data analysis to build effective solutions
- Perform analysis design, build, implementation and support tasks
- Meet business requirements while performing project design related to reports and BI