Sr IT Project Manager with Supply Chain / Manufacturing experienceLocation: Dallas, TX
Posted On: 09/08/2021
Requirement Code: 50067
Our successful transportation industry client is seeking a Senior IT Project Manager for a 3 month contract-to-hire position. Our client is one of the top companies in the U.S. transportation industry. They have a friendly, collaborative working environment and you'll have the opportunity to increase your skill set.
U.S. citizens and permanent residents are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor.
Client's environment is a hybrid of working in the office and working remotely. 3 days in the office, 2 days working remotely
In this role, the PM will be responsible for supporting a portfolio of strategic initiatives. As a key member of a cross functional business team, this individual will be responsible for managing the direction, coordination, implementation, and completion of assigned projects, while remaining aligned with strategy, commitments, and goals of the organization.
- Must be able to drive and lead projects to a successful implementation, on time, scope and on budget.
- Help define project scope, milestones, and deliverables
- Define tasks and required resources
- Define the overall project and monitor progress to make sure that milestones are being met across the various projects and programs
- Work with business stakeholders to understand business processes and elicit, define, and analyze business requirements
- Ensure the deliverables are aligned across projects in the program
- Manage and utilize resources across projects
- Manage project budgets
- Manage stakeholder communications
- Create schedules and project timelines
- Track deliverables, risks and assess project status to completion
- Implement and manage change of scope to meet project outputs
- Create executive level presentations representing the overall project(s) progress
- Partner with cross functional teams to identify additional areas requiring support
- Present project evaluations and assessments of results to Executive team
- Work 50% with Leasing division and 50% doing project work.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- Minimum of 8 years of program or project management experience
- Solid understanding of Supply Chain and Manufacturing Business System processes
- Project management qualification (PMP) or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of project and program management methodology and techniques (i.e., PMI, PMBOK)
- Ability to work positively with the wide range of individuals involved in program management
- Understand the wider objectives of the program, such as business and strategic goals
- Ability to create business use cases along with ROI expectations
- Strong knowledge of IT projects and governance
- Experience in strategic planning, risk management and change management
- Proficiency in project management software tools (Smartsheet, Daptiv, Workfront, Visio, etc.)
- Advanced skills in MS Project and intermediate skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and SharePoint
- Driven and accountable with the ability to work independently to meet tight deadlines
- Courageous and collaborative style
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to work with and build relationships across varying personalities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills