Test Analyst III - SDETLocation: Irving, TX
Posted On: 03/20/2020
Requirement Code: 40034
The Test Analyst III is a detail-oriented, client-focused, senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) who participates in the evaluation and testing of software application programs to verify that applications function according to specifications and standards. They will work very closely with the members of a cross-functional delivery teams and will be focused on creating and maintaining manual and automated tests, while possibly leading a small team of quality engineers. The successful candidate will be a team player that works closely with engineering, product management, and quality assurance peers to deliver high quality solutions. This position requires passion for quality and demonstrated ability in one or more of the following areas: Team leadership, software development, test engineering, DevOps, and contribution to automation frameworks.
Duties and Responsibilities: Major responsibilities of the position are listed below. To perform the job successfully, the individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Creates and maintain Test Plans, Test Cases, and Test Metrics.
- Read and comprehend tax forms and instructions; collaborate with cross-function teams such as application developers, other test analysts, Tax SMEs, and Product Owners (POs) to ensure a shared understanding of the business and functional requirements.
- Designs test plans in a manner that supports both manual and automation testing for web-based tax applications.
- Develops and executes end-to-end functional and automated tests scripts and creates clearly documented defects that enable a developer to recreate the issue.
- Estimates, prioritizes, plans and coordinates testing activities
- Ensures high quality software is released into production with minimal bugs.
- Follow QA processes and procedures throughout the testing life cycle.
- Responsible for conducting analysis of defects with development team, PO and other stakeholders, replicating issues for analysis and resolution.
- Participates in daily stand ups to provide accurate updates on deliverables and timelines.
- Supports other areas of the business and testing such as system, performance and security testing.
- Communicates test results, status and potential risks.
- Provides recommendations for improvements to current processes and participates in development of plans to improve quality.
- May provide leadership to a small team of test analysts, assign work or provide guidance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in computer related field required; Master's preferred.
- 6 - 8 years of experience as a software developer or SDET
- 3 - 4 years' experience with test automation tools and techniques required; Microsoft and related tools strongly preferred (C#, Selenium with C#, Visual Studio, TFS or Azure DevOps, MTM, and related technologies)
- 2+ years of team leadership experience.
- Experience with Microsoft development stack and tooling is strongly preferred
- A strong understanding of Object-Oriented programming and design concepts.
- Strong command of Unit Test framework like xUnit, NUnit.
- Significant experience with Agile development processes is a must, Scrum highly preferred with 2-week sprints
- Experience in designing and developing test automation frameworks and understanding of test automation design patterns and software testing principles.
- Working knowledge of SOAP or REST API services and testing practices
- Familiarity with iOS and Android OS, TDD, BDD, SQL, TFS or Azure DevOps and GIT is a plus
- Ability to dissect requirements and architecture into implementations of code and testing frameworks that validate working software in an autonomous fashion
- Experience building data driven tests and frameworks for Web, Windows, and Micro services.
- Strong organizational and communication skills. Ability to communicate cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings.
- Understanding of test methodologies (regression, functional, unit, integration, code coverage, performance, etc.)
- Good understanding of application development and the ability to implement testing programs and review code and systems solutions.
- Familiarity with tax preparation or personal finance a plus